We know that tax problems are highly stressful, and they can also be financially, personally, and professionally devastating. When you have a complex tax problem, you need a New York tax attorney you can trust to work hard to protect your rights and interests. Our hardworking attorney, Timothy S. Hart, has the in-depth tax knowledge necessary to resolve even the most difficult federal and state tax issues. Whether you have unfiled tax returns, owe back taxes, need tax relief, are being audited, or have received a frightening notice that you are under criminal investigation for tax evasion, you can rely on Tim to provided strategic representation toward the goal of resolving your issue in the most beneficial way possible.
Our tax attorney takes on serious tax problems that threaten serious consequences. You can trust our law firm to work hard toward getting you a satisfactory outcome and bringing you peace of mind.
We represent individuals and businesses who are facing conflicts with the Internal Revenue Service or the New York State Department of Taxation. Contact our effective and experienced New York tax lawyer when you need help.
Our Tax Attorney Pursues Beneficial Outcomes
Sometimes people feel as if they are powerless to go up against the IRS or state tax agency. But you should know that you aren’t powerless and that, with the help of our attorney, you could achieve an effective resolution to your matter. What will we do to help? How we help you depends on your unique problem, but here are some examples:
- If you owe back taxes you are unable to pay, we may be able to reduce your tax burden by negotiating an offer in compromise, or a part-pay installment agreement, so you do not have to pay the full balance originally owed.
- If you have unfiled tax returns, we will prepare and file the tax returns and explain the best options to minimize the penalties owed by filing a voluntary disclosure or seeking penalty relief.
- If you’re being audited, we’ll become your primary spokesman to the auditor, and we’ll make sure you understand the specific rights you have during an audit and will advise and represent you throughout the process.
- If you are being accused of tax fraud or evasion, our tax lawyer will seek to prove your innocence at the lowest investigative level possible and before you are faced with criminal prosecution.
Tim Hart is not only well-versed in tax law, he is also easy to talk to and sensitive to his clients’ anxieties and worries. He enjoys being your spokesman to the tax authorities, so you do not need to speak to them. When you work with Tim, you can trust that he will communicate compassionately and honestly with you about the possible options for resolution in your case.
Delivering Personalized Attention for Full Range of Tax Problems
Whether you need an installment agreement to pay back taxes, are under an IRS audit, have past due or unfiled tax returns, need to file a voluntary disclosure, are suffering from a wage garnishment or tax lien, or have another tax law issue, Tim has the needed federal and state tax knowledge to help you with your tax case. He represents clients in the full range of federal and state tax law matters. He also handles Foreign Bank Accounting Report (FBAR) cases. Once Tim understands your tax issue, he will carefully explain your options to you, and what the legal fees will be.
Contact tax attorney Timothy S. Hart today to arrange a free consultation. As an experienced NYC tax lawyer, he has helped many people put their tax problems behind them. He will work hard to help you, too. Call us today at (518) 213-3445 or (917) 382-5142.
Attorney Timothy S. Hart, who is also a CPA, has helped countless clients successfully resolve burdensome tax problems, enabling them to reestablish a firm financial footing. A sample of these successful tax resolutions with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance (NYS) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) include:
- Brian C. owed $498,890 in Federal income tax. The IRS accepted an offer in compromise for $50,000.
- Thomas B. owed $167,086 in Federal income tax and the IRS settled the account for $15,450.
- Karen P. owed $430,000 in NYS payroll tax and they settled the account for $70,000.
- A business, Nite M. owed $850,000 in NYS sales tax and they settled the account for $322,000, through an affordable 60-month payment plan.
- John M. owed $128,500 to the IRS. Through filing an innocent spouse claim, we reduced his liability to zero.
- J Gary G. owes $278,029 to the IRS, and they have agreed that he pay $100 a month toward the tax debt.
- Klever O. owed $65,000 in NYS business sales tax and settled the account for $6,500.
- Jeff K. owed $1,789,207 to the IRS and they settled the account for $351,746, through an offer in compromise.
- Harold P. owed $32,172 to the IRS and they settled the account for $5,000.
- Michael K. owed $41,479 to the IRS, and they settled for $7,500.
- Gerald P. owes $122,900 to the IRS and they have agreed to a $150 monthly payment plan to pay off the debt.
- Jim S. owed $64,455 to the IRS and they settled the account for $2,565.
- Enes M. owed $26,570 to the IRS and they settled the account for $2,000.
- Geoffrey M. owed the IRS $252,112 and they settled the account for $70,000.
- A business under criminal investigation in the NY Capital District owed $500,000 in NYS sales tax and we negotiated a payment plan of $1,500 per month, and no criminal charges were filed.
These are just a few examples of how an experienced New York tax attorney can negotiate with tax agencies to substantially reduce the amount you owe. Attorney Timothy S. Hart is deeply skilled in matters involving revenue, taxation, and the law, and he has longstanding, collegial relationships throughout the legal system. You can trust that he will always work diligently to achieve the optimal outcome in your case.